Friday, September 17, 2010

Operation Beautiful

After finishing a too-easy-for-my-own-good English test, I picked up a GLAMOUR magazine from the pile in the back (open to anyone). Flipping through it, I found the usual--'the best makeup', 'the best hair', Justin Bieber.... But then I found something amazingly cool--Operation Beautiful.

Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought, 'I'm too fat' or 'I'm too skinny' or 'My nose is too bony'. Unfortunately, I think we all have. And when we notice those things, we tend to notice every. other. thing. With what started as an 'I'm too fat' day, turned out to be a 'I'm too fat and my clothes don't match and pencils make an annoying squeaksqueak noise like they never have before' day. On those days, it seems nothing in the world could make us feel skinny again.

Ah, but yes, there is a cure! And it's Operation Beautiful--the post-it note life-changer.

It can really change a life, or two, or even an entire city. You never know what one little piece of happiness can do. So that's why Charming Elephant is participating. Once a month, I'll post a pic of my note, with a couple words aside, and a linky so you can share yours too! This project is kind of a cliffhanger in itself, because we never know what kind of results there will be. But we can hope there will be amazing, life-changing results.

So remember, even an optimistic post-it note can change a life. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment